We offer a range of residential landscape design & build services that can be tailored to your specific needs. We work on all types and sizes of projects.
Phase 1: Design
1. Initial on-site consultation: We will meet with you at your site and discuss the overall scope of your project, functional and aesthetic goals, desired features, site specific opportunities and constraints, budget, and the specific level of design services required. Based on this information we will be able to provide you with a flat design quote.
2. Programming & Site Analysis: We will gather the information needed to properly design your project. This can usually begin directly after the initial meeting if time permits. We will take measurements of your site, note existing features, take photographs, and develop a scaled base plan that we can work from. We will also begin to discuss and develop the program of the project.
3. Design Development: We will synthesize the information gathered during our meeting/s into more developed conceptual plans that begin to show the overall aesthetic and spatial character of the design. We will meet as needed to discuss the preliminary drafts and to make any required adjustments. With each iteration, you can expect to see more detail and refinement.
4. Final Plans: We will complete your final working drawings. These drawings specify qualitative and quantitative information in great detail and typically consist of multiple sheets of information. They will allow us to generate accurate bids, to get HOA or other relevant approvals, and to implement your design accordingly.
Phase 2: Build
5. Proposal: We will provide you with a comprehensive quote for your landscape installation/construction.
6. Procurement: We will carefully hand pick and tag the best plants available from local nurseries. We also have special custom features fabricated during this period.
7. Construction: We will work with skilled and trusted craftsmen to ensure that your design is translated into reality.
Phase 3: Cultivate
8. Cultivate: We will come to your property in the future to advise on the cultivation of your garden. We can meet with your gardeners and provide direction on request.
Example of Our Design Process
Here is an example of the yard before our intervention. Every site is unique, and has specific constraints and opportunities. Our job is to help you discover the full potential of your outdoor space while integrating all of your wants and needs!
We go through HUNDREDS of sketches, 3-D drawings, and concept plans throughout the process. The design process is all about exploring possibilities, and discovering the best design solutions to your unique project.
This is an example of a finalized master plan. Click to expand
Our highly detailed construction drawings will ensure that the design can be seamlessly transferred into built form. Here is a full set of drawings to demonstrate the amount of detail we put into each project.
Demo plans show existing features, and specify the items to be removed, relocated, or maintained. Click to expand
Hardscape plans provide the dimensions and specifications of hardscape elements. Click to expand
Hardscape details specify hardscape features in plan, elevation, and section. Click to expand
Softscape plans specify plant types, quantities, sizes, and locations. Click to expand
Softscape details show the best planting practices for different plant types.
Our plans allow for a seamless transfer of our vision into reality!
"Arleo Design provides remarkable work and unique attention to details. My husband and I met with Justin to discuss our backyard renovation. He sat down with us at our home, listened and was able to come up with an amazing design plan that incorporated both my husband's and my wants/needs. Not only was the design concept he came up with elegant, sleek and modern, the actual completed costs for the design concept fell well within our estimated budgetary needs.
We are very pleased with Arleo Design Studio and rave about them to all of our friends. We look forward to using their services again when we renovate our front landscape."
- Cristina Perez-Hesano
Above images scope of service: Design only